Oak View Care Home,
a place …
- Where great food is served and cleared up after you.
- Where your laundry is washed and ironed and put back into your wardrobe
- Where the rooms are clean and spacious, space to be on your own if you wish or stroll to a choice of three lounges to meet friends.
- Where meals can be eaten indoors or al fresco when the weather allows it. Where you can sit outside in manicured gardens overlooking parkland views.
- Where you can get round the clock drinks and snacks.
- Where your family and are always welcome (even the tiny family members: we have baby change facilities) and fed too.
- Where hairdressers and chiropodists frequently visit
- Where entertainers come to call and visits out are made.
- Where room service is available 24/7.
If you were planning the perfect care home, maybe it would be something like this. And, if we’ve missed something, we really genuinely want to know.
Oak View – 2020 Works include:
- New Lift;
- Sky Lounge
- 4th Dining Room;
- 9 En-suite Shower / Bedrooms
Oak View has gained a well deserved reputation for caring for people who present the following behavioral problems including:
- Dementia wandering behaviour; Difficult or resistive to personal care;
- Aggressive behaviours such as verbal threats or hitting out;
- Urinating or defecating in inappropriate places; Noisy behaviours;
- Disruption of sleep patterns causing sleep deprivation
It’s independent living in a caring supportive community. The attention to detail is evident in your own room. Instead of keys, your lanyard will open your door. When you wash your hands you’ll find the taps are sensory: less fuss, less chance of germs. The furniture is hotel standard and so is its maintenance.If you don’t see a standard of hotel room you’d be happy to stay in yourself then we’ve failed. But no one has said so yet.
The location is perfect. Oak View is on Beach Road, Hayling Island. It’s a road which, as you’ve guessed, is not far from the beach. It’s easy to reach from across the county. We’re not in a remote location: service buses stop nearby and the shops are a short pleasant walk away. Oak View backs onto parkland and playing fields frequently used by young sports teams and families enjoying the outdoors. Our patio – level access from one of our lounges – is a great place to watch some sport, soak up the fresh air, or enjoy an alfresco meal.
We have a limited number of opportunities for day and respite care which can be moulded to your needs. For example, you might book three days a week from 08:00 until 17:00 and be provided with all care, full use of the facilities, entertainment, meals, and if required a bath or shower. Part days are available and extra meals for guests on request.
For the safeguarding of our residents, CTTV are in operation 24/7